Thursday, December 31, 2020

Looking Back On 2020 And Some Of My Favorite Reads

 It's hard to believe we are hours away from the end of 2020. I'm not sure any of us will ever forget this year.

In January, my husband and I were told our cat, Willow, had kidney failure and was giving 3-6 months to live. It was devastating news. We changed her diet, got her one of those little fountains to encourage her to drink more water...we didn't want to lose her any sooner than we had to.

Luckily, she's still with us. Despite the grim diagnoses, Willow is doing well and she still wakes me up every morning for her breakfast.

Working from home, my husband and I have been less impacted by COVID than a lot of people. Our lives didn't change all that much from day to day, but that didn't mean we weren't affected. Over the summer, my brother and his wife tested positive and had to quarantine for two weeks. Either had any of the harsh symptoms you hear about on the news, so once the quarantine was over everything went back to normal for them.

I learned the benefits of grocery pick-up and searched  the internet for recipes so I could cook more at home. 

One of the greatest blessing through all the craziness has been my love of books, both writing my own and reading some great authors. Some of my best reads this year were:

 

 

Amazon

 

 

Amazon

 

What were some of your best reads of 2020?

 

Here's to hoping 2021 will be a great year with lots of reading and writing. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment