Friday, April 2, 2021

My Review of Out Of Bounds by Kris Pearson

 

I downloaded this book because I've read several of this author's books before. All her books are set in New Zealand and I have a soft spot for Kiwi authors.

 

The cover of this book had me intrigued. It's not exactly your typical contemporary romance cover. But as it turned out, that's because it's not your typical contemporary romance book.

 

The heroine in Out of Bounds by Kris Pearson reminded me of Brianna from my Finding Anna series. She's been through a horrible trauma and is fearful of men and sex. Jetta's emotions and reactions could change on a dime, just like Brianna's.

 

I loved the interaction between Jetta and Anton. He was tender while pushing her boundaries.

 

There were a lot of differences between Jetta and Brianna, of course. Jetta's trauma occurred when she was little and she'd been trying to work through it for years, whereas at the start of Slave Brianna's is fresh. She's had no time to find her footing after what she'd been through.

 

The first sex scene between Jetta and Anton had a lot of similarities to Brianna and Stephan's first time as well. And considering I loved Brianna and Stephan's first time together, I couldn't get enough of the interaction between Jetta and Anton.

 

Needless to say, if you haven't already figured it out, I loved this book. It started off a little slow, but it more than made up for it once it got going. Hmm. Another similarity to my Finding Anna series. 

 

If you've read Out of Bounds, I'd love to hear what you thought of it in the comments.

 

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment