Tuesday, April 29, 2014

REVIEW: Falling For Love by Marie Force


Title: Falling For Love
Author: Marie Force
Rating: 4 stars
Source: Amazon

This is the fourth book in Marie Force's Gansett Island Series. The main love story in this one revolves around Grant McCarthy and the woman his father has running the marina restaurant for the summer, Stephanie. I wasn't sure about this one going in, but I was pleasantly surprised. 

By the end of the story I was rooting for Grant and Stephanie.

Readers were introduced to both Grant and Stephanie in Ready for Love. I have to admit that when I read who Grant was going to be paired up with I was a little skeptical. The last person I could see him with was this spunky, red haired woman with a pierced tongue. The two reminded me of oil and water. I couldn't see them together.

All that changed once I was able to get inside Stephanie's head. After I did, I grew to love her. She's one of those people who has tons of baggage but refuses to accept what she's been given. Her backstory was amazing, and it made her such a well-rounded character.

While Stephanie grew on me pretty quickly, Grant took a bit longer. He was too busy trying to win back his ex that he nearly missed the great relationship he could have with Stephanie. And while I like Abby as a character, it was fairly obvious early on that she wasn't the right person for Grant. He needed someone to challenge him, and Abby wasn't it. 

The only downside to this book, and the reason I chose to give it four stars, is because I'm noticing a trend with this series. With each book we are not only introduced to the new couple, but we are also being kept up with all the previous couples. While in theory this isn't bad, it does create an issue in that there ends up being so many points of view the reader isn't able to connect as well with the main couple. Mac and Maddie are still my favorite couple and I'm beginning to think that's because they were the first. We only got to hear from them and maybe one or two other characters. The book focused on them, and them alone. It was great, and I truly fell in love with them. 

With that said, will I continue with this series? Yes. At least for the short term. I want to see what happens with some of the other couples. My fear, however, is that eventually there are going to be too many points of view and I'm not going to care enough about the next couple to move forward. I'm really hoping that's not the case as I do love this series.

Amazon
B&N



Author Bio


With more than 2.5 million books sold, Marie Force is the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling, award-winning author of more than 30 contemporary romances. Her New York Times bestselling self-published McCarthys of Gansett Island Series has sold more than 1 million e-books since Maid for Love was released in 2011. She is also the author of the New York Times bestselling Fatal Series from Harlequin’s Carina Press, as well as the Treading Water Series and numerous stand-alone books. All You Need is Love, book 1 in her new Green Mountain Series from Berkley Sensation, was a New York Times and USA Today bestseller in February. The second book, I Want to Hold Your Hand, will be out in June, and the third book, I Saw Her Standing There, is coming in November. In 2014, Marie will have eight mass-market print releases—the first five Fatal Series books from Harlequin and the first three Green Mountain Series books from Berkley. While her husband was in the Navy, Marie lived in Spain, Maryland and Florida, and she is now settled in her home state of Rhode Island. She is the mother of two teenagers and two feisty dogs, Brandy and Louie.

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment