Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Review: Ready For Love by Marie Force


Title: Ready For Love
Author: Marie Force
Rating: 4.5 stars
Source: Amazon

This is the third book in Marie Force's Gansett Island Series, and tells the story of Luke Harris and Sydney Donovan. I've read the first two books in this series, and I have to say that Marie Force is quickly becoming one of my go to authors. 

When I need something that will take me away from reality for a while, Marie's stories always do the trick.

Where to start with this book. I loved the sweet connection between these two old lovers. Sydney's back story was heartbreaking. Seeing her bloom with Luke's help was one of the highlights of this book for me. 

It was great getting to see more of Luke in this book. We were introduced to him in Maid For Love, the first book in the Gansett Island Series, but we didn't really get to know him. All we knew was that he was a great guy who went out of his way to help Big Mac, the head of the McCarthy family, run the marina. In this book we find out what a great guy he is, and how he's never completely got over his first love. 

The only reason  this book is not a perfect 5 out of 5 stars for me revolves around a particular love scene. It was meant to be down and dirty loving...which don't get me wrong, I love...but there was a sanitary issue that pulled me out of the story. It would have been a simple fix, really. Just move sex to the shower instead of them going directly to the bed. Instead, it made me cringe, and not in a good way. 

Other than that, however, I loved the story. It was a quick read, as all of Marie's books are for me. For two days I didn't want to do anything that didn't involve reading Luke and Sydney's story. If you like contemporary romance, then you should definitely check out this author and her McCarthy's of Gansett Island Series. 


Amazon
B&N



Author Bio


With more than 2.5 million books sold, Marie Force is the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling, award-winning author of more than 30 contemporary romances. Her New York Times bestselling self-published McCarthys of Gansett Island Series has sold more than 1 million e-books since Maid for Love was released in 2011. She is also the author of the New York Times bestselling Fatal Series from Harlequin’s Carina Press, as well as the Treading Water Series and numerous stand-alone books. All You Need is Love, book 1 in her new Green Mountain Series from Berkley Sensation, was a New York Times and USA Today bestseller in February. The second book, I Want to Hold Your Hand, will be out in June, and the third book, I Saw Her Standing There, is coming in November. In 2014, Marie will have eight mass-market print releases—the first five Fatal Series books from Harlequin and the first three Green Mountain Series books from Berkley. While her husband was in the Navy, Marie lived in Spain, Maryland and Florida, and she is now settled in her home state of Rhode Island. She is the mother of two teenagers and two feisty dogs, Brandy and Louie.

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment