After making the model selection and brainstorming poses and props with the photographer, it was time to put everything in motion. The first thing on the agenda was for Sara, my photographer, to track down some rope. Sounds simple enough, right? I mean how hard it is to find rope? That was the exact problem, however. There were so many different types to choose from. We had to find something that would be comfortable for the models to work with and would also look good in the pictures. It couldn't be too thick, or too thin. Should we go with white, or use something with color? Decisions. Decisions.
The shoot itself was interesting. Half of it took place at a fire station. Luck would have it that five minutes after the photographer and models arrived that they got a call meaning everyone took off, and with them all the trucks and equipment. In the end, they got the shots they needed, and then headed back to the studio for some more pictures.
By the time it was all said and done, 300 pictures were taken. Two days later, I got the proofs in my inbox, and I have to say it was a little overwhelming.
Now comes the important part. Picking the cover photo.
I set up a folder for the pictures so that I could narrow it down. This was not easy. There were a lot of great pictures. I have to say, though, that I much prefer the dilemma of having too many to choose from than not enough.
Keep watching my blog for part 3 of The Evolution Of A Book Cover...coming soon.