Monday, May 2, 2016

Review: The Soldier's E-mail Order Bride by Cora Seton


Title: The Soldier's E-mail Order Bride
Author: Cora Seton
Rating: 4 stars

This is the second book I've read in this series and I have to say I liked it about as much as the first. That is to say that I liked it, but I didn't love it. 

I liked Austin for the most part. I read some reviews where people were complaining how it took so long for him to get over his guilt, but that's realistic, in my opinion. Books that rush through natural human emotion drive me crazy. I want to be able to relate to the characters and if the author tries to gloss over that to get to the sex or whatever it ruins the story for me. I'm glad that didn't happen here.

Ella was relatable if somewhat quick to change her position on things. Some of my favorite parts of the book are when Ella and Regan, Mason's wife, are talking together. The author did a good job of setting that friendship up well. 

One of my biggest pet peeves with the book, however, was the back and forth between Austin and Ella. Not only regarding their relationship, but sex as well. I get that they were two strangers being thrown together, but the cold bucket of water that kept being thrown on the progress of their relationship got a little tiring. 

Will I read more of this series? Maybe. I think it's a neat premise and I like that the brothers are close and care about family. 

I would recommend this book to those looking for a military romance with family saga twist. 

Amazon
B&N

Author Bio


Cora Seton loves cowboys, country life, gardening, bike-riding, and lazing around with a good book. Mother of four, wife to a computer programmer/eco-farmer, she ditched her California lifestyle eight years ago and moved to a remote logging town in northwestern British Columbia.

Like the characters in her novels, Cora enjoys old-fashioned pursuits and modern technology, spending mornings transforming a neglected one-acre lot into a paradise of orchards, berry bushes and market gardens, and afternoons writing the latest Chance Creek romance novel on her iPad mini.

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment