Monday, December 28, 2020

Chili Mac & Cheese Recipe

 About a month ago, I got a Ninja Foodi on the recommendation of my sister-in-law. She has one and loves it. 

As I've been exploring how to use the Ninja Foodi, I've been scouring the internet for recipes. One day my husband was watching someone on Youtube who does welding videos and came across a video the guy did about a Ninja Foodi recipe.

Long story short, we tried it and I'm glad we did.

Here's the recipe:

  • Olive Oil
  • 1lb ground beef
  • 1 onion
  • 4 celery stalks
  • 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
  • 1tbsp chili powder
  • 1tsp cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 3 cups beef broth
  • 1lb dried macaroni or pasta of your choice
  • 1 green pepper (diced)
  • 2 cups grated cheddar cheese

The best part of this recipe is how simple it is.

Put a little Olive Oil in the bottom of the pot (about 1tsp) and turn on the sear/saute button. Once the pot if hot, add ground beef. Brown the meat and then add in everything else except the cheese. Cook under high pressure for 4 minutes. Once the dish is finished cooking, stir in half the cheese and serve using the remaining cheese as a garnish.

If you like chili and pasta and have a ninja foodi, I would highly recommend giving this one a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment