Wednesday, September 27, 2023

What I Love About Fall


 

It's officially fall. The nights are getting cooler and the leaves are already beginning to change. There have even been a few days when I've been able to turn off my air conditioning!

While I'm not thrilled fall means winter is right around the corner, there are some things about fall I love.

1) The colors. I love seeing the leaves change into oranges and reds. As my husband's family lives on the east coast, we've been fortunate enough over the years to make several trips through the Appalachian Mountains during the fall. Driving through the mountains when the leaves are an array of beautiful colors is quite the sight to see.

2) Pumpkin. I don't go crazy over pumpkin spice everything like some people do, but I do like pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls, and even pumpkin cookies. It's hard to find pumpkin flavored items outside of fall, so I enjoy it while I can.

3) Apples. Yes, of course I can get apples all year round, but there's something about getting apples in the fall that makes them taste different. Especially if you have the opportunity to get them at an orchard. Not to mention, there's apple cider in the fall. I'll take a warm apple cider above a pumpkin spice anything.

4) Big bulky sweaters. We're not talking coats here. Purely sweaters. I love the ones that hang below your hips where the leaves are just a little too long. On chilly mornings, I can snuggle into them and feel surrounded by everything cozy.

5) S'mores. Okay, Bonfires and s'mores. I have such fond memories growing up of bonfires in the backyard, roasting hotdogs and marshmallows. Growing up in the country, fall was an excuse to hang out after dark around the fire and enjoy the contrast between the heat of the fire and the cool night air.

What are some of your favorite things about fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment