Tuesday, July 16, 2024

My First Columbus Book Festival


 

I've been publishing for over a decade and this is by far the biggest event I've ever attended.

 

 Over 40,000 people attended the Columbus Book Festival this past weekend. With over 200 authors signing, there was something for every book lover. 

 

 I was in the indie author alley tent at the far side of Topiary park with 90 other indie and small press authors. It was HOT, but that didn't deter readers from browsing and buying books.

 

The author beside me brought 40 books with her and sold out on the first day. Maybe others had to bring new stock for day two.

 

I'd heard rumors about how busy last year's event was, so I'd come prepared and fully stocked. It was a good thing, too, because I sold out of two of my titles and was only left with two copies of another.

 

The staff and volunteers were wonderful. They kept coming by to check on us, making sure we had what we needed and seeing if we needed a break.

 

I'm so glad I was able to participate and hope to attend next year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment