Friday, February 8, 2013

Flash Fiction Friday - February 8, 2013





They walked down the long hall looking at various paintings. All were from local artists, and varied from traditional to abstract. It was one of the many things they loved about coming there. No matter what they saw, it was always interesting and something to talk about.

Turning the corner, they came face-to-face with a ghost. Both of them stopped abruptly, unable to take their eyes off the vivid painting in front of them.  The face staring back at them, poised and ready for a fight, was the spitting image of a woman long dead-a woman they both helped kill.


8 comments:

  1. Oh that's spooky. How had they killed her? Write the whole story Sherri, I love it. Great flash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I wish I had time to write all the stories in my head Naomi.

      Delete
  2. A completely haunting flash. I just got the chills. I agree with Naomi, you need to write more. This one is going to stay with me today. Well done, Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent!!! I'm left desperate to know more. Why did they kill her? Who was she? Who is the artist? So many questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the downsides to only having 100 words to work with. There is always so much story to tell.

      Delete
  4. Chilling ending. Really well written

    ReplyDelete