Thursday, December 12, 2013

REVIEW - Ghostwriter by Lissa Bryan


Title: Ghostwriter
Author: Lissa Bryan
Rating: 4.5 stars
Source: Libboo

Lissa Bryan is a local Ohio author. She's also published with TWCS. We've done a few author events together, yet I'd never read any of her books. To be honest, I was a little nervous about it. Lissa doesn't tend to write traditional romances, and quite frankly I wasn't sure if I'd like that or not. For that reason, I kept putting it off, and putting it off. Now, I'm kicking myself for not picking this book up sooner.

Ghostwriter is a wonderful and heartwarming romance.

The first thing I have to say about this story is 'have your tissues ready'. There were so many times in this book where my heart broke for Seth and Sara. And then there were times that were so sweet they brought tears to my eyes.

Ghostwriter is a paranormal romance...not something I read a lot of. Werewolves, shifters...not really my thing. I prefer romances I can relate to, which is why I pretty exclusively stick to contemporary. What surprised me with this one was just how much I could relate to both of the main characters.

Sara is such an easy character to like. She's down to earth, and a bookworm. Seth? Well, Seth is a ghost. Yep, that's right, an honest to goodness ghost that 'haunts' the island where Sara lives. The romance that develops between these two is an unlikely one, but I became wrapped up in it, wanting them to have their happily ever after.

I will say that I did see the ending coming, but that was okay. It fit the story.

This book kept me up until 3am reading, and even then I didn't want to put it down. It made me laugh, cry, and a whole rang of other emotions. I'd recommend this book to anyone who's looking for a great romance with a paranormal twist.

Amazon
B&N
Kobo
TWCS


Author Bio

Lissa Bryan is an astronaut, renowned Kabuki actress, Olympic pole vault gold medalist, Iron Chef champion, and scientist who recently discovered the cure for athlete's foot.... though only in her head.
Real life isn't so interesting, which is why she spends most of her time writing.

Facebook

Goodreads
Blog




No comments:

Post a Comment