Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving

The best part of Thanksgiving is the food. Some of the best memories I have as a child involve gathering together as a family and diving into more food than we could possibly eat in one sitting. 

Growing up, we used to go to my grandmother's house. All my aunts and uncles and cousins used to come and everyone would bring a side dish while grandma would cook the turkey.

As time has gone by, things have changed. These days it's just my immediate family and my mom and I do all the cooking. Every year, I'm responsible for the pumpkin pie. Sure, I could buy it, but it doesn't taste the same...probably because of my huge sweet tooth. 

My secret? Add sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk. It makes all the difference!

This was my effort this year. I think it came out pretty good and I can't wait to cut into it.

Do you make your own pumpkin pie or do you buy a pre-made one from the store?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment