Thursday, November 19, 2020

Searching For My 11th Great Grandfather

 


Last weekend I walked through an old cemetery. It was cold and wet, and by the time I left my feet were soaked from walking through all the leaves. I was there searching for any information on my relatives who once lived in the area and my 11th great grandfather who was a deacon at the church that used to be there. 

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to locate the grave of my 11th great grandfather. He died before the cemetery was officially established. But I was able to speak to the groundskeeper and he showed me where the old church was, as well as, several gravestones that bear the surname of an aunt that lived about 75 years after my great grandfather.

Have you done any of your family history?   

No comments:

Post a Comment