Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


It's Thanksgiving here in the US today. For most it is a day of eat with turkey and watching football. Just the other day my husband was saying how he couldn't wait to stuff himself at Thanksgiving dinner. My mom puts on quite the spread that is anything but low in calories.

As I get ready to make the pumpkin and chocolate pies I always contribute to our yearly thanksgiving dinner, I can't help but think how different this year is going to be. It will be the first year without my father at our Thanksgiving table. Last year was the first year he wasn't able to carve the turkey because he was too sick. This year there will be an absence and I wonder how my mother will handle not having her husband by her side.

Because of this, I'm feeling very reflective this morning and what I am thankfully for in my life. I am thankfully for my husband and my family who have been so supportive of me in my writing. I am thankful to have a place to live where my cats can cuddle up with me on the couch while I watch T.V. I am thankful I have a place to worship without fear. And I am thankful for all the wonderful people I've met over the last year who've listened to my ups and downs, and who've let me vent when I needed to.

Today is a day to focus on the positive and what we have. To everyone out there, I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. What is it that you are thankful for on this day and every day?

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I am thankful for my family and the wonderful friends I'm surround with. :o)

    ReplyDelete