Saturday, August 10, 2013

RNC: Day 3

It was another long yet fun day in Las Vegas here at the Romance Novel Convention. To start today's post, I thought I'd start with a view outside of my hotel room at night. I didn't notice this the first night because my curtains were closed.



Classes


I spent the morning, and most of the day in classes. One of the things that has amazed me most about this conference is the usefulness of the classes. These are things that can help any author, no matter if they are self published, traditionally published, or indie. I've learned something in each one of my classes, and I've met some great people.

Another great thing available to authors at this conference is that a professional photographer was offering author headshots for only $20. It was a deal I couldn't pass up, so I made sure to get mine done. In a few weeks, I should be receiving an email with 10 author headshots. You can't beat that!


Award’s Ceremony


One of the 'classes' this morning was cover bingo. Slave was on the bingo card, so I swiped one so you all could see. The ladies in the room were telling me that the cover got a lot of attention yesterday, which was wonderful to hear. I have to admit, seeing my cover on the bingo card was pretty cool. :)


Tonight was the awards ceremony. The two ladies hosting, TJ Mackay and Catherine Bybee, were hilarious. They had all of us cracking up laughing the entire night.

There were also performers. The first was a belly dancer. Oh my! That woman could move. She did this thing with her torso that had us all Ooo'ing and Aw'ing. It was truly entertaining.


They also had an magic act that was neat. It was a couple, and they ended up doing three separate sets. The first involved quick changing. They would be wearing one outfit, go behind a curtain for maybe 3 seconds, and then emerge wearing another.




It's hard to believe, but I only have one more full day left here in Vegas. The time was past quickly, but I've learned a lot, and it was definitely worth the trip.

Saturday is the book fair, and I'm hoping we have a great turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment