Monday, February 22, 2021

Italian Pasta Bake Recipe.

I've been making this for a few years now and it's one of my husband's favorites. When we went to visit his family in New Jersey earlier this year and I made it while we were there. It was a huge hit!

 

I'm all about simple when it comes to recipes and it doesn't get much simpler than this one. 

 

Here's what you will need:

  • 1lb mild Italian sausage

  • 2 small cans of tomato sauce (we use Aldi)

  • 1 can Stewed tomatoes

  • Italian seasoning

  • salt & pepper

  • 1 box farfalle pasta

  • Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, or an Italian blend cheese

  • Parmesan Cheese 

     

Saute the sausage until it's cooked through and beginning to brown. I use a stock pot or my NinjaFoodi. Once the sausage is ready, add the tomato sauce and the stewed tomatoes. I will typically fill one of the tomato sauce cans with water, going back and forth between the two cans to make sure I get all the tomato sauce from the cans. 

 

Stir the sauce and add the seasoning. I don't usually measure how much seasoning I put in, but it's roughly 1 Tablespoon of Italian seasoning, and about 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Stir, making sure all the spices are mixed into the sauce.

 

Cook the sauce on medium heat for about 20 minutes.

 

While the sauce is simmering, cook the farfalle in a separate pot.

 

The pasta and the sauce should get done around the same time if you start boiling the water after you've put the sauce together.

 

Before adding the pasta to the sauce, add 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, or an Italian blend cheese to the sauce. Stir until all the cheese has melted, and then add the pasta, mixing until combined. Top with Parmesan cheese to serve.


If you decide to give this recipe a try, leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment