Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Update - April 8, 2013

Happy Monday everyone. Spring has finally arrived here in Ohio. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever get here with the cold weather we were having, but alas it is supposed to be in the 70's all week. I can't wait!


The first part of last week was all about taxes. If you're in the US, you know that April 15th is approaching fast, and unfortunately Uncle Sam isn't going to take 'I have to write' as an excuse as to why my taxes aren't done on time. It put my writing on hold for three days, which sucked, but I did manage to make some good progress toward the end of the week.

One evening I was picking the brain of a consultant I use for my Finding Anna Series. He's a Dom, but he was also in law enforcement for several years. During our conversation, I had to go on Youtube and find a video of what he was talking about so I'd fully understand what we were discussing. My husband walked into the study and found me watching a video about gun holsters. LOL. Needless to say I had some explaining to do. ;)

Last night I finished up Chapter 19 in FA4, and sent that off to my beta. For now, my muse seems to be working with me, so I'm hoping to make some good progress on the manuscript this week. I've sitting at a little over 50K right now...it felt great to hit that milestone. No idea how long this one is going to be though, since I still know there is a ton of story to cover yet. I'm sure you all won't mind if this one is extra long, right?

 
The SUBCLUB's Spring Giving Event is still going on, and I've donated a signed copy of Slave along with 5 sets of signed bookmarks to the cause. I selected The Polaris Project as my charity for this event. If you don't know anything about them, please check them out. They help to educate, support, and advocate for victims of human trafficking around the word. As you know, this is a subject that is close to my heart. http://thesubclubbooks.com/?page_id=9835

As of April 2nd, TWCS announced that Red Zone (Daniels Brothers #2) is now available for download for only $6.99. You can get it at this new lower price from Amazon, iBooks, or direct from the TWCS website.

Thursday I was over at Naomi Shaw's blog talking about how I became a full time author.

On Friday, my editor featured me on her blog. Check out her post titled 'My First Pick...Truth by Sherri Hayes, Finding Anna Book 3!' Click here to read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment