Friday, May 8, 2015

Ask A Character: How do you handle any lingering trauma? #FindingAnnaSeries #Brianna

Ask A Character

This new addition to my blog will be a feature where the readers will get to ask a question to one of my characters and then have that character respond. Is there a question that has been weighing on your mind? Something you'd really like to know the answer to that wasn't answered in the book? Leave a comment below with the character's name and the question you'd like to ask. As long as there's interest, I'm going to try to post once a week.

The first question comes from Elke.

Character: Brianna Reeves

Book: Finding Anna Series

Question: How do you handle any lingering trauma?

There isn't really an easy answer to that. I do my best. Sometimes it's better than others.

Stephan has helped a lot. He's helped me to face many of my fears, although there are still times when something will happen and send me into a panic. When that happens, I try to leave the situation if possible and call Stephan. We talk through it and it helps. A lot of times it's a noise or a smell that sets me off. To help with that, when I'm able to tell what it was that set me off, we've roleplayed on occasion to desensitize me.

There was one time when I came around a corner and two guys were standing there smoking. While most people wouldn't have batted an eye, the smell of the smoke reminded me of Ian and his friends. Suddenly I couldn't breathe and it had nothing to do with the smoke itself. I ran away, locked myself in my car, and called Stephan.

A few days later, he approached me about roleplaying. I know Logan and Lily roleplay a lot, but it's usually sexy times. Nothing about what Stephan wanted to do was sexy. But it worked. I still don't like cigarette smoke. It sends warning bells off in my head. But at least I can smell it now and not freak out.

I still depend on Stephan a lot. He's my rock. I'm not sure that will ever change.


No comments:

Post a Comment