Friday, June 28, 2013

Flash Fiction Friday - June 28, 2013

This week's picture is from Stockvault.net.
The lights dimmed, and the crowd grew silent in anticipation. My heart was thudding in my chest as a spotlight pierced through the darkness and focused on something in the distance. I squinted my eyes trying to see.

Someone not far from me gasped just as I was able to make out what I was seeing. In the middle of the stage lay a man, face down, in what looked to be a pool of blood.

A woman across the room screamed, followed by several more, and shouts to call nine-one-one. This was not supposed to be a murder mystery.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, I wonder where they are. Great Flash :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hijacked their performance with something so terrible. Very nice use of the drabble form, Sherri!

    John at The Bathroom Monologues

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the photo. Questions arise- what actually was supposed to happen. Great Flash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel the confusion, shock, and worry. Creepy cool, Sherri. Fantastic Flash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An exciting flash. Tense, with questions needing to be answered. Awesome Sherri!

    ReplyDelete