Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekly Update - June 10, 2013

Happy Monday everyone!

Yeah, I'm really not that cheery today, but I'm trying. That has to count, right?

It's my first full day home from Lori Foster's RAGT, and I'm still exhausted. It was a great time, but I can't imagine how tired I'm going to be after the RN Con in Las Vegas. Lori's event is only 2 days, not even really. RN Con is 5 full days. I think I might need someone to cart me to the air port when it's over. LOL.

Okay, so enough of that. Let's get to some writing. Honestly, not much got done last week. I did finish another chapter, and polished two others, but that was about it. Thursday I spent packing for the weekend, and then I was gone Friday, Saturday, and half of Sunday. I did hit the 120K mark last week in Finding Anna, Book 4. I'm crossing my fingers that I can finish the book up in another 20K, but I'm not making any promises at this point. I will write until  I feel that the story is done. Simple as that.

Look what I got in the mail today. :)

Truth is only 45 days away!

Pre-orders will start on the TWCS website on June 24th. If you pre-order your copy within the first two weeks, it will included a signed book plate from me, and they are going to ship them out a week early so you might just get your hands on your copy before its available to the general public. Who is loving that?

On to this weekend...

I arrived Friday afternoon, and everything was already in full swing. The event didn't technically start until 3pm, but I found out later that most people came Wednesday or Thursday. It almost reminds me of a reunion of sorts. Many of the same people come year after year, and it's great seeing people you met the year before.
The main ballroom where everyone gathers for meals and the notorious raffles. RAGT raised over $13,000 for the One Way Farm for kids this year toping the $10,000 donation last year.

I met up with several members of my street team at the event. Here we all are together. Thank you ladies for helping to promote my books!

Friday night I sat beside author Duffy Brown. She is one of the co-organizers of the event, and very down to earth. I was lucky enough to be on a panel with her last month at the Ohioana Book Festival. She writes cozy mysteries. 
Friday I was also able to meet author C.L. Parker. C.L. and I signed on with TWCS around the same time. She is the author of Supernova, Nexus, and Cataclysm, and she will be releasing a new novel in August through Random House.
Friday night was my book signing, and I ran into a reader I met last year. Mahlet and I sat together for breakfast on Sunday morning at the 2012 RAGT. She ended up walking out with me to my vehicle, and buying a copy of Slave. She's now hooked on the series, and she'd brought books from a friend for me to sign along with a copy of Need she'd bought. It was great seeing her again.

Saturday morning a group of us were sitting around relaxing and talking books. Author Donna McMeans joined us, and I gracious enough to pause for a moment from signing a reader t-shirt to pose for this picture. Donna and I shared a table at this year's Ohioana Book Festival. She writes historical romances.





No comments:

Post a Comment