Saturday, March 15, 2014

Countdown To Trust (Finding Anna, Book 4) ~ 5 Days To Go!

The countdown continues.


5 Days Until Trust


Chapter 1 continued...

To read from the beginning, click here

Anna’s steps were measured, as they always seemed to be, as she crossed to where Emma waited at the table. Jade appeared in the doorway but remained unmoving as Anna approached. This was always iffy. Anna had a fight or flight response that always leaned toward flight. If something startled her, she would be across the room faster than seemed humanly possible.
Once she’d taken a seat, we all relaxed some. “Would you like some coffee, Anna?”
She shook her head and focused on Emma. “How . . . how is he?”
I closed my eyes, trying not to let my temper get the best of me, and walked back into the kitchen. Jade joined me and wrapped her arms around my waist, trying to comfort me. It didn’t work, but I appreciated the effort.
“It’s not great, Anna. I’m sorry. The feds aren’t backing off. They seem to want to make an example out of him.”
“They can’t!”
Her scream pierced through my heart almost as much as her tears did.
“I’m sorry, Anna. I really am.”
“There . . . there has to be something. Something I can do.”
Emma became motionless, and for the longest time, the only sound in the room was Anna’s near silent sobs.

“There is . . . something. Maybe.”


...to be continued in tomorrow's post.


To pre-order your paperback copy, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment