Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Countdown To Trust (Finding Anna, Book 4) ~ 15 Days To Go!

The countdown continues.


15 Days Until Trust


Chapter 1 continued...

To read from the beginning, click here

“I’m worried about her.”
My gaze found Jade’s as she turned to face me. How she put up with all of this boggled my mind, but it made me love her even more. “I am, too. I don’t know how to fix it, though. She won’t let me near her.”
Jade crossed the short distance and wrapped her arms around my waist. I pulled her closer so that her breasts were pressed up against my chest. “She misses him.”
I sighed. “I know.”
This was one of the few places where Jade and I disagreed. She was firmly in Coleman’s corner. I, however, was not, and she knew it.
“Maybe we could—”
“No.” I stepped back and released her. The last thing I wanted was to fight over this again.
“Cal, you don’t understand.”
“What is it I don’t understand, Jade?” Trying to keep my voice down so Anna couldn’t hear it, I moved closer until there were only a few feet between us.
“She loves him.”

“That’s not love. That’s dependence. There’s a difference.”


...to be continued in tomorrow's post.


To pre-order your paperback copy, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment