Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Countdown To Trust (Finding Anna, Book 4) ~ 16 Days To Go!

The countdown continues.


16 Days Until Trust


Chapter 1 continued...

To read from the beginning, click here

The door to Brianna’s bedroom opened, and Jade stepped out. She glanced up at me and turned to take the dishes into the kitchen. I noticed they were empty. That was good. At least Brianna had eaten something this morning.

Following her, I stayed off to the side, leaning against the counter. Jade had been great. Better than I could have ever asked her to be. She’d practically moved in since Anna arrived. It wasn’t something we’d ever discussed. Jade had her place, and I had mine. We were both busy, and that worked for both of us. After my first attempt to console Anna, however, her presence had become a necessity. Jade could interact with Anna in a way I couldn’t. Touching Anna in any way was off-limits when it came to me. Every time I tried to hug her or hold her hand, she would cringe away as if I’d touched her with a hot branding iron. It nearly killed me to know she’d been abused and to see how badly it had affected her even in regards to a simple gesture. That didn’t happen with Jade. Anna accepted her comfort, even though she typically remained rigid during the exchange. I wanted to do more for Anna. I just had to figure out how best to help her, and in a way that she would accept. 


...to be continued in tomorrow's post.


To pre-order your paperback copy, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment