Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Countdown To Trust (Finding Anna, Book 4) ~ 1 Day To Go!

The countdown continues.


1 Days Until Trust


Chapter 1 continued...

To read from the beginning, click here

We sat across from each other outside a little café with our food, when she decided I’d been quiet long enough. “I know you aren’t pleased with Anna’s decision, but I hope you know that as her attorney, I have to abide by her wishes.”
“I’m aware of that.”
“So what is it you wanted to talk to me about, then?”
“What about a compromise?”
“I’m listening.”
“Anna is scared to death of people. You know that. Getting in front of an entire court room . . . I’m not even sure if she could do it. No matter how much she wanted to. What if . . . what if she made a statement instead. Couldn’t they use that just as easily?”
“They could. It’s not as effective with a jury, though, if it goes to trial.”
“What if Jade and I added statements about our observations of Anna? That combined with Coleman’s and Anna’s has to be worth something, doesn’t it?”
“It’s possible. Let me feel out the prosecution and see what kind of a deal they are willing to make. As I told Anna, I think it’s more that they want to go after Stephan. Make an example out of him. I’m not sure why, though. He’s done a lot for people in this city.”
“He’s a rich boy born with a silver spoon in his mouth who thought he was above the law.”
She smirked. “Something like that.”
“Look. As much as I don’t like Coleman, I don’t really think he deserves to go to prison. He saved Anna. That has to count for something.”
“Are you willing to make a public statement to that affect?”
I nodded.

“I’ll do whatever it takes to keep Anna off that witness stand.”




To pre-order your paperback copy, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment